Sunday, March 19, 2006

Scripted chemistry?

Its been six months now since I have been out of Mumbai, and the only thing that I seem to miss the most (apart from vadapav, of-course) is listening to Jaggu and Tarana. For the uninitiated Jaggu and Tarana are the RJs of "Good Morning Mumbai", a show on an FM channel in Mumbai. Yes, these are the same people, who convinced me to buy the hideous 2300 Nokia, because at that time it was the only model with a radio that could fit into my pockets both literally and metaphorically. I quit taking the railway and opted for the BEST, as my daily mode of transport, just to listen to these guys for some time longer.

The show is lively, colourful and actually funny. On numerous occasions, I have found myself laughing aloud on the BEST bus, just to realise that people are staring at me. I don't know how they manage it, but I would be surprised and dejected if this chemistry is scripted or pre-rehearsed. I am a firm believer that all things good are spontaneous and to the moment and no amount of planning can achieve the same magic.

So for the sake of heavens above and the earth below... I hope that the show is and remains spontaneous…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home